Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Nizo 6080 battery

  1. #1
    fandini
    Guest fandini's Avatar

    Red face

    Hi. I hope someone can help me. I just won an ebay auction for a Nizo 6080 which I have not yet recieved. The seller mentioned in the description that the battery did not work but I was not concerned because I read on another website that the camera can use 6XAA batteries. I contacted the seller and he disagreed. Will I need to replace the rechargable battery and if so, where can I find one?

    ------------------
    Dan

  2. #2
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    the 6080 uses 1.2 V NiCads. I emphasize 1.2V. Regular AA Alkalines are 1.5V.

    1.2v x 6 = 7.2V.

    1.5v x 6 = 9v.

    Rechargeable NiCads are very common. Check Radio Shack or any specialize A/V stores.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    No need to worry, because they are pretty cheap. I just checked at Radioshack yesterday and they had a 4 battery charger for $10.00! I think the AA rechargeable 1.2V batteries are $10 for 2 (maybe 4?).

    ------------------

  4. #4
    fandini
    Guest fandini's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you for that info. I definately don't want to put the wrong voltage batteries in that thing!

    Do you have any idea what the seller was talking about? when I asked him about the AAs he wrote, "No it won't take AA's because there are only to small contacts at the top where the battery goes. The battery itself has two points on it where the contact is made." Could he be refering to a separate external battery pack or a battery for the light meter?

    ------------------
    Dan

  5. #5
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    So what happens when you use regular AA batteries ? I shot several rolls with my 6080 and experienced no problems as far as I could tell. So what gives? Should it have exploded in my face and I'm just lucky?

    ------------------
    PRM

  6. #6
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I have a 6080.
    It takes a battery pack, that you load with 6 AA batteries.
    If you don't have that battery pack, then you're just looking into the compartment at the 2 contacts he's referring to.
    In other words, you now need to find one of those battery packs.
    They sometimes show up on ebay.
    Keep your eyes open.
    You can't use the camera without one, and they usually fetch about $15-20 on ebay.
    Matt Pacini


    ------------------

  7. #7
    fandini
    Guest fandini's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you Matt. I think that is the information I was looking for. I am pretty sure that the seller has the battery pack but just doesn't realize that it contains the AA's. I will write him again to confirm this and make sure he sends the pack if he does have it. I am hoping its just empty or contains dead cells.

    ------------------
    Dan

  8. #8
    Jambu
    Guest Jambu's Avatar

    Question

    One more point: on the battery pack of my Nizo 6080 i read: 6x1.5V ...


    ------------------

  9. #9
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Look up www.super8cams.com on e-bay..he has battery boxes for nizo cameras...as well as all the goodies..Dr.alex peters is his name I think..

    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS

    ------------------

  10. #10
    Jambu
    Guest Jambu's Avatar
    Sorry!
    I forgot writing the second half of my reply:

    > One more point: on the battery pack of my Nizo 6080 i read: 6x1.5V ...

    then...

    > ...so why should i use 1.2V batteries, maybe my battery pack is not an original Nizo 6080? Or there's another reason for not using 1.5V?

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •